Frequently Asked Questions
Making your site live on Limecube
Covered in this Article
- Making your site live on Limecube
- 1. Pointing your DNS
- 2. Making your site Live in Limecube
- Time delay
Connecting your domain to Limecube allows you to point your domain to our site and make your domain live. For this process you will need 2 steps:
- Point your domain DNS from your on your domain hosting account to Limecube.
- From within your Limecube account, click a checkbox indicating you are ready to go live
Your domain will still be registered with your domain host but simply pointed to your Limecube sites. Here's what to do:
- Log in to your Domain Host in a new tab or window. Typically, this is the website where you registered your domain, but it could be managed elsewhere if you have used this domain for a website or other purposes previously.
- Go to the section of the management panel where you can Manage your Domain DNS Settings i.e. “Manage Domains”, “Domain Manager”, “Zone File Settings” or “DNS Manager”. (This will differ based on your provider).
- Editing your DNS records. Once you are in the DNS Manager’s panel, take a look at how the DNS records are currently being setup. Depending on the domain host’s preferences, there could be two scenarios in terms of how the domain DNS records are setup:
You will typically see 2 or 3 'A records' which look like the screenshot below. In this example it is using 'A Records' that are only pointing to ‘www’, ‘@’ or ‘*’ to the same IP address.
Some domain hosts use CNAME record for the ‘www’ hostname.
Method 1 – Pointing by A Records only
- Click on the edit button of the Record where the Name is ‘@’, and change the IP address in the Value or Host to: 22.214.171.124
- Click on the edit button of the Record where the Name is ‘www’, and change the IP address in the Value or Host to: 126.96.36.199
- Look for the record that the Name is ‘*’, which is usually referred as the ‘wildcard’ record. Note that this may or may not exist depending on the domain host. If it does exist, click on the edit button of this record, and also change the IP address in the Value or Host to: 188.8.131.52
- After making these changes, the records you’ve edited should be looking similar to this screenshot below:
Method 2 – Pointing by CNAME and A Records
- Click on the edit button of the A Record where the Name is ‘@’, and change the IP address in the Value or Host to: 184.108.40.206
- You DO NOT need to change the CNAME Record.
- Look for the record that in the Name column contains ‘*’, which is usually referred to as the ‘wildcard’ record. Note that this may or may not exists depending on the domain host. If it does exist, click on the edit button of this record, and change the IP address in the Value or Host to: 220.127.116.11
- After making these changes, the records you’ve edited should look similar to this screenshot below:
Please be aware that once you apply this change if the DNS has not been set, you will not be able to access your Limecube site until the DNS has been fully updated.
- Go to ‘Profile’ on the Site Header
- Under 'Domains' enter your full website address.
- Check the 'Domain Live' check box.
This help video shows you how to add your domain name to Limecube and make it live.
With these 2 steps you have now done all you needed to, to make your website live on Limecube.
You may also find that within this period of time, some users will see the new site, some will see the old site.
Click here to find out how to point your domain (DNS) to your Limecube website.
Tags: Making a site live, making my site live, getting my site online